Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Souvenirs for the 1939 New York World's Fair

For this assignment, I thought about what I save or buy as souvenirs when I attend special events like this assignment, The World's Fair.  One item I tend to keep when I attend special events are the tickets or ticket stubs.  Not all events keep the entire ticket or tear it leaving you with the stub, so I decided to create my version of an actual ticket.


After class critiques I changed edited the "Admit One" to look like the others.  Below is that redesign:



My inspiration for these tickets were the following pictures I obtained from my research of ideas and tickets for the New York World's Fair.

First my color inspiration and design came from this ticket stub. 

 I used Adobe Color to create a color palette.  
The following posters are more inspiration for my 1939 NY World's Fair souvenier design.












No comments:

Post a Comment